On-the-Go | Our Fav Breakfast Green Smoothie
Short on time in the mornings? Before you reach for the cereal and milk, you might like to give this green smoothie a try!
We LOVE this green smoothie because it’s quick, delicious and perfect for those mornings where you just ain’t-got-time for cooking bacon and eggs. And perhaps best of all – it’s completely healthy and satiating! This green smoothie contains a good dose of greens and packs protein, fats, fibre and some carbs to help you start your day feeling energised.
A hot tip for making this even more time efficient – baggie up your smoothie ingredients the night before and freeze them. It also helps if you’re in the habit of freezing any over-ripening bananas you have on hand. This way, you always have frozen bananas ready to thicken your breakfast smoothie. Yum!
- 1 scoop whey protein isolate (we love the chocolate flavour from True Protein – a high quality protein from grass-fed cows and sweetened with stevia)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1-2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 cup spinach
- Thumb-sized piece of cucumber
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (if you want to keep this strictly paleo feel free to use almond butter!)
- 1 1/2 cups of water (this could be replaced with almond, coconut or regular milk if you want a creamier flavour!)
- 4 ice cubes
- Break the frozen banana into small chunks and roughly chop your cucumber so that they won’t jam your blender.
- Add all ingredients into a high power blender (we love our vitamix!) and blend until it’s reached a smooth consistency. This may take a few minutes of blending – especially to break down the flax.
- Serve in your favourite glass or shaker/ take-away cup to enjoy at home, in the car or on the go!
Do you have a favourite smoothie recipe for mornings on-the-go?
Get access to a printable copy of our favourite green breakfast smoothie