Turkish Delight Bliss Balls | Paleo, Gluten Free + Dairy Free!
Valentines Day is only a few days away! In the spirit of February, we thought it would be the perfect time to develop a new recipe. Something sweet (of course) but is also unsuspectingly healthy…
The result: these Turkish Delight Bliss Balls!
Now let me tell you, it’s been quite some time since we’ve had the real deal, sugar-laden-but-delicious, Turkish delight – but these bliss balls are a great way to revisit those same flavours (sans refined sugar). The secret ingredient that makes these bliss balls stand out from the rest is the combination of rose water, cardamom + cinnamon.
Overall, these Turkish Delight Bliss Balls make the perfect sweet treat for gifting to friends or family (or for eating yourself). Do keep in mind that although these are #paleo and #glutenfree, that they do still contain natural sugar from the use of dates… so perhaps *try* not to eat the whole batch in one sitting! 😉
Ingredients (Makes approx. 10 bliss balls):
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 8 dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 4 tsp rose water (this can be found in many health food stores)
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- Rose petals (optional, for decorating)
- Shell the pistachios and add to a food processor. Process until they form a crumb (this will be used for ruling!). Set aside.
- Remove the seeds from the cardamom pods and grind into a powder using a mortar and pestle.
- Remove the pits from the dates. Then add the dates, cashews, coconut, cacao, cardamom, cinnamon, rose water and coconut oil into your food processor. Process until the mix is well combined.
- If the mix is too dry, add 1 tbsp water and process again.
- Roll into medium seized bliss balls. Then roll them in the crumbed pistachio or dust with additional cacao powder. Optional: decorate with rose petals (perfect for gifting)!